Enough Spoons

Abundance is everywhere.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Following my follies even further

So I'm seeing how when I say yes, I am allowing in the things I really want. And my path took me to the Telluride International Film Festival last fall where I stood in line with an artist from Montrose who said, "I truly believe our first responsibility is to be ourselves, as fully as we can be."

For me the chimes start pealing out here, cascading torrents of joy. Yes, yes, yes! For me that means embracing all of the funny quirky bits in me out loud, and letting the wounded bits have their time in the embrace too. And I spent the last year doing this work that felt like dodging and burning an old print to bring up what I wanted to see in it and fade back some of what I didn't want to dwell on any longer. It took me a while to get over some stuff about my childhood, and it's by no means a process th people. I met thousands of people before I got to college. So I know people and I know about some stories.

And I am in idea mode, so I'm just going to keep working them out as much as I can. I'd like to look into theater as therapy as one facet of this book? film? Madonna's Legacy. I can see action sequences with actors and musicians and athletes, with a few talking heads: psychologists, or self-defense teachers, or rock musicians; I see office workers, people like I was not so long ago, who now get to express themselves in their dress today in a way they could not twenty years ago.

What I truly believe is that self-expression is one of the things that makes the world go 'round. With my purple house and pink hair, I'm walking the talk. With the incredible time and luxury to do all this, I'm tempted to run with it and see if I can bring that kind of opportunity for reinvention to others and help make something interesting happen. It's not everyone who has all these ideas and stories pouring off them in one way or another. It's not every 42-year-old who is signing up for her favorite band's "street team." So go woman! go girl! go! I just want see what happens when I really put my own ideas out there. I just keep having this feeling it's going to work out very nicely indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home