Enough Spoons

Abundance is everywhere.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

What's in a name? Part 2

I rarely think of saying my given name in any way other than I always pronounce it, including the common word that describes what hot air does. But what an apt word, it occurs to me now, and now I can't believe I'd never thought much about taking ascending as part of my name all along. Last night my mother and I talked about how we are both always seeking to make it better, better ourselves, do the right things for the right reasons, and she said to me, "You're perfect!" It was the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a long time. So sweet to hear it.

Now I can see how I am a writer and have always pursued ways to work with words and am still discovering what is possible (and it is a thrilling discovery, I tell you). I feel I just had not in some complete way stepped up to the plate before doing Nano, or taken up the mantle. I'm groping for a good metaphor, but more to the point, I had not parked my hips atop the chair and written enough. but it's the writing that counts, isn't it?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home