Enough Spoons

Abundance is everywhere.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Local Band Attempts to Track Down Mysterious Visitor To Its Website*

I do wonder and wonder. Why do I wonder so? I wonder that as well. I wonder how people reach their audiences. I wonder whether these Gomez guys have reached their audience already. Whether this is it. I feel I haven't found mine, haven't gotten brave enough to really seek it out. What if I fail? That question still hangs over my neck (and I think it's because I have big ideas). But I suppose I need to turn them into specific goals to truly be able to say I'm on the path. And slowly but surely, I am doing this, while I am finding my voice and courage. A theme that plays throughout my life (perhaps since sitting on Janis' Joplin's piano in 1967 during my formative years) is a primal interest in how and why people gather for musical catharsis. I'm interested in getting people to want to do something together. Maybe I'm still a frustrated lead guitarist and flamboyant parader, costume-changer (like the guy in Scissor Sisters).

I have concluded the difference between something good and something great is that you want to share it with people. I just gave my neighbor a new CD from Gomez (he and his wife, both ultracool people, love it). I saw someone from an old book group the other day and he mentioned a book and I said, "I love that book so much I have two copies: one to keep and one to give away." Music is particularly nice this way: Things that come recommended may stand a much better chance of being heard. That link takes you to a Neil Finn appearance on Morning Becomes Eclectic on KCRW in which both host Nic Harcourt and Neil Finn gush about Gomez before putting on "78 Stone Wobble" from Bring it On. If you don't love Neil Finn as I do and don't want to sit through his songs, skip to 23:35 in the program. This is one of the avenues that led me to the musical adventures of Gomez. If you do love Neil Finn, he does a nice live acoustic "Spirit of the Stairs."

*All credit for the title today goes to the most reliable news source in print journalism today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home