Enough Spoons

Abundance is everywhere.

Monday, August 28, 2006

More Random Factoids, or Why I read blogs

My mother always thought a great product to offer would be a calendar that had "365 facts you wish you didn't know." I still think she's got something there.

I liked that penguin movie story, which is more of a fact that's fun to know. My favorite random factoid for a while was that the French version of March of the Penguins does not have Morgan Freeman as the Omnipotent Narrator (aka "God"), nor does it even have Samuel L. Jackson*. Rather, it has French actors pretending they are penguins and saying, "Here, honey! I'm passing you the egg now. I'm about to roll it. No, sweetie, no, it's about to freeze! Get on there, you slowpoke of a husband, you!" And I think that version was as popular in France as the Freeman-playing-nature-show-host version that we saw in the U.S.

And this is so random: From the IMDB list of credits for actress Katharine Heigl (of TV's Grey's Anatomy fame):
13. Evil Never Dies (2003) (TV)
14. Love Comes Softly (2003) (TV)
And there's even an extra bonus random factoid in that in number 13, the TV movie with "Evil" in the title, she plays the character named "Eve." That's just too perfect.

See? Told you it'd be random.


* Samuel L. Jackson in an interview with The Onion's "AV Club" arts section:

The Onion: You're doing the voice of God for an audiobook version of the Bible. How does the voice of God differ from the voice of Samuel L. Jackson?
Samuel L. Jackson: Not very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home